Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Today's featured shop: Rafya

As a jewelry artist I am always on the lookout for unique jewelry. I have had my eye on Alona Lahav for a few months now. I was trained in a jewelry factory in Israel and I lived there for many years and visit often with my Israeli husband. Israeli jewelry design has a distinct flair, however, Alona's designs are different. She uses cold pressed clay, hand stamped and painted. I love her color scheme and her style. In fact, this is the first time I've seen work from this process. She has done well for herself on Etsy and I can see why. Although I try to find artists that have limited exposure, once in a while I find artisans that deserve a feature even though they may already be somewhat successful. These designs fall into that category. You can find Alona's work at: http://rafya.etsy.com.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcie,
    What a huge compliment for me, so much beautiful words... wow ! I am really appreciate it.
    Thank you so much !
    Alona.

    ReplyDelete