Monday, March 9, 2009

Musings

You may have wondered why I haven't featured a shop in a few days. I have a good excuse!
Have you ever been so excited about something you bought for your art that you become so absorbed in creating that the rest of the world fades away? I'm giving you a little window into my jewelry making obsessed mind. I finally bought a good solder system and have been totally engrossed in metalsmithing experiments. For 3 days I haven't done a lick of housework, the laundry has piled up and I've barely made time to feed myself. Luckily, my husband is an excellent cook and that has been his creative outlet lately, so the kids are well fed. After several melting mishaps, I've finally created a ring with my new soldering toy.

Here's the peridot ring.

The next pictures are of my studio workbench, the new solder kit and the old torch. I can't believe I was using this old torch for 10 years! What was I thinking?








Tomorrow I will feature a new shop, I promise! I have a few good ones lined up.

1 comment: